Notes of GD Lecture 1 12 15
Coffee cup created in 4D in a real life video.
- After effects
- Import video
- Drag into timeline
- Has to remain consistent in the scene
- Must have reference
- Composition layer
- >Advanced analysis performed because the video is of a low quality (IOS). High end
- camera footage does not need detailed analysis.
- This creates green/ red points (butterflies) termed ‘automated tracking points’
- Green tracking markers are most accurate with red ones most deviated
- Hover mouse to get the red target.
- Find most close matched to the orientation of the desired object.
- Finds most accurate
- Create solid and camera(coloured area)
- 2 more object
- 3d camera
- trim to size
- Creates orange square (napkin!) becomes base ( but not the floor)
- Separate plug in for exporting
- Then export
- Open 4d
- has orange blob ready
- >Import cup
- Turn of square
- video or still images
- >Render (clapper board cog)
- Alpha channel (black background)
- Black becomes transparent tiff/png
- >New folder
- Creates 250 still images (10 secs)
- Lighting will take longer to render.
- Back to Ae import as
Seminar Reference video is here
Load video track camera
The markers (butterflies) are graded according to reliability. Run the video to check that the marker stays green throughout the footage.
This target is in the wrong position.
Yellowed targets indicate selection
Introduce the track solid ( blue square)
Showing track solid
Click on track solid to fine tune
Run the video to check for good alignment
Export as Cinema 4D file. This will require an add on for CS6. Import into C4D then copy the object into the file. Manoeuvre the cup in this case onto the solid. Do not move the camera.
Landing the cup is rather like “lunar lander” games from the eighties
The Eagle (cup) has landed and had to be rotated in to place.
Render settings: Choose a file destination and file name. The Alpha channel must be checked to ensure that a black impenetrable square is not produced.
Render to picture
During rendering. Note the tiff images being created in the destination file.
Input the tif files as a sequence (ensure box is ticked)
Alpha channel now checked!
If the tifs are not imported as a sequence this dialog box will present itself for every image. Their is no escape. Click OK (frequently)
All software should be equipped with this key.
Finally the cup in situ.