I have watched with the beginnings of a critical eye:
- Milk- “Mixed” media shooting styles feeling like docudrama with great performances. Very moving and ended up in tears
- Field of Dreams- Simply great shots, great script, great performances.
- How I Live Now-A real surprise, apocalyptic teen flick. Very theatrical in a good way. Claustrophobic. Impressive
- Joyeaux Noel- Interesting. Unintentional “Westminster” farce moments at times and love interest sings in “no man’s land”. Feel good family Christmas film sanitised and fantasied for the holidays.
- The End of the World- More impressive shooting from Edward Wright. Acting brilliant. Story innovative lots of symbolism, nods to other films including an airborne Cornetto wrapper after the apocalypse!
- Interstellar- Expansive, mis-cast, actors appeared bored, smug explaining of physics to the great unwashed. Unrewarding.
- The Martian- Simply wonderful in all departments
I have also watched scenes from Drive (Quadrants) , Seven Samurai Movement), Hot Fuzz (Scene transitions), Day of the Jackal (Parade scene), The General (Physical comedy from the master).
Now I have the checklist I have all I need to put together my reviews.