You are to produce a ‘Personal Development Portfolio’ WordPress blog containing the following items:
- A description of relevant theoretical perspectives that you have investigated during the Visual Communications module. Justify why you came to select these theories over others and suggest how they could assist with the development of your practical coursework. Include copies of the source texts you are referring to. (250 words)
- A description of relevant contextual research that you have investigated during your visual communication, pathway specific and digital applications modules. Justify why your examples illustrate effective use of research and explain how they have aided the development of your practical coursework. Include copies of the discussed contextual research.
- A written account of at least one example of when you have worked independently, and one example of when you have worked as part of a group. Analyse your successes and areas for development within these examples. Include (still image) copies of the work produced during these examples.
- A copy of your Initial Self Reflection, Learning Styles Questionnaire, SWOT Analysis and Personal Development Plan.
- Include copies of the three most successful practical outcomes completed during this year. Justify their selection by explaining their successes, such as technique, planning, concept, etc.
- Complete a CV using the provided template.
You will be assessed using the following criteria: Criteria Mark
Indicate how relevant theoretical perspectives have informed and enhanced practice.
Select examples from their practice to illustrate their understanding of the well-established principles of the area(s) of study in the programme
Demonstrate the acquisition of research related skills in the area(s) of study
Evaluate own strengths and weaknesses, and areas requiring further development, as part of the continuing Personal Development Plan (PDP)